Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Anime Next 2013


Hello there readers! I just got back from a little convention in New Jersey called Anime Next. I have been going usually Saturdays only for the past couple of years, but this year I decided to go all weekend. To be honest, though I had a lot of fun, I don't think I will be going for an entire weekend again anytime soon. The selection of food and local travel is pretty terrible and needs improvement for a $60 weekend pass convention, and until they make those adjustments I don't see the point in wasting the money.

But until then, let me show you a couple of things that I experienced from this years adventure. First off, I wrote a cute little article about meeting/enjoying events with Baby The Stars Shine Bright staff/designers over the weekend, which you can check out here on Feminerdity.

Me and Angela <3

Aside from all the big frilly events, I also got to check out some cool panels. My favorite of the entire weekend was by Mike Toole (a writer from Anime News Network) called "Cult Classics". Though you might think this panel would deal with cult favorite anime series of the past, instead it was all about anime that promoted cult religions in Japan/Asia/Abroad. Hearing about weird series like the one promoting Happy Science religion was incredibly bizarre and interesting.

Thanks to my friend Martha for taking this outfit shot! <3


But my overall favorite thing was getting time with friends. I loved seeing everyone dressed to the nines, eating yummy snacks and laughing at hilarious stories. And even if the con itself sucks, those are the moments that matter the most.

Here are some more photos to check out, enjoy!













Thanks for looking, and look forward to future posts about my adventures at Conneticon and Otakon!

3 comments:

Martha said...

that Anime Cult Classics panel was so good!

Dalin "Duckie" Rowell said...

Yeah it was pretty incredible! I loved attending that with you :D

Julie Doll said...

So much cute! I love every picture :D

Contributors

Followers

Powered by Blogger.